Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

32 Weeks

Okay, okay, so I missed last week. I have been fighting my lack of motivation in all things lately, not just blogging. I feel like my first trimester exhaustion has come back with a vengeance and nothing seems quite as good as curling up on the couch with a book and hibernating from the dreary rainy weather we've been having. Luckily I cut back on work for the month of October and have the free time to do so. I have written recently about my sense of guilt at slowing down my work pace and I think I am finally at peace with the decision. Perhaps it took me having another bout of excruciating sciatic pain that rendered me horizontal for hours. During those hours I contemplated how horrific life would have seemed if I had a client to cook for in my compromised state, and now I know that I have made the right decision. I have two more events scheduled already, one this Friday and another on the following Friday, and then I am on full-blown maternity leave. It seems crazy to me that we are here already. Just a few short weeks and I will be packing a hospital bag and preparing our home for the arrival of our daughter. YIKES!

Matt and I finally acknowledged out ignorance on the subject of child-rearing and ordered a couple of books from amazon and signed up for some classes at the hospital. I'll hopefully read and review these books before the baby arrives, or else I will be learning on the job and trying to stay calm. Our biggest priority is getting her on a schedule as quickly as possible. We already have three dogs that have a pretty solid routine...one that runs the household mind you, but that's a whole other story. To save our sanity we will need to at least have a slight handle on our new addition after a few weeks (although this might be wishful thinking).

How Far Along: 32 weeks, 2 days
How Long To Go: 7 weeks, 5 days
Weight Gain: 1.8lbs
Total Weight Gain: 15.2lbs
Weight: 135lbs
Belly Button: Total outie
Stretch Marks: none
Sleep: Getting hard to get comfortable again as my belly gets bigger
Best Moment This Week: Having some friends over for football
Nausea: some slight nausea last night and this morning
Craving: fruit and chocolate
Miss Anything: being comfortable
Movement: her kicks are becoming less often, but her full body movements are increasing...I think she is just a bit more squished in there and so when she moves I can feel huge parts moving. She is also probably getting ready to turn head down
Gender: bouncing baby girl
Symptoms: OMG back pain!! Sciatic pain to be exact. It is killing me!
Wedding Ring: on
Looking Forward To: My birthday on Monday!!
Maternity Clothes: I'm getting sad looking at all the cute fall clothes that I will not be purchasing this season because I am enormous and don't want to buy the maternity versions.
Fruit: Head of Lettuce (4lb, 19 inches)
Weird Dreams This Week: Tried really hard to remember my dream from last night but already forgot it...maybe it will come to me later.


XOXO
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment