Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Mini Van Madness!!


I am now the proud owner of a Chrysler Town and Country mini van. Yep. A mini van. The story behind the aquisition of this mini van wonder is pretty simple. I have owned the same Hyundai Tucson since I was 17, a graduation gift from my parents. My husband had a car loan on a Lexus IS and was paying out the ass every month for the pleasure. We were over at my parents house a few weeks ago and my now empty-nester parents asked us if I would be interested in their mini van for work purposes. As I've mentioned in other posts I am a caterer and need a good amount of space in my vehicle for parties, events and all my equipment.

At first, Matt and I laughed about the thought of the mini van, but then we really started to think about it. We had just taken it on a long road-trip up to Maryland and had marveled at its superior gas mileage and useable storage space. The more we talked about it the more we thought it would be a really great idea for now and in the future. Matt came up with the plan to sell my car and buy an older luxury vehicle  outright, sell his car back to Carmax and leave us with one mini van, one Acura TL, and ZERO CAR DEBT!! Woo Hoo!!

The plan is to trick this puppy out with lots of marketing images and text for my catering business, use it for comfy road trips and then far down the road, have the perfect baby-mobile.

Did I mention we have no more car debt!?

No comments:

Post a Comment