Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

88 and Rising

Our air conditioner broke yesterday. This wouldn't be such a bad thing if we didn't live in South Carolina. It is now 88 degrees inside and mounting, because I also happen to cook all day for a living. Even our dogs have fled to bathroom tiles to get cool....can you say, domesticated?!

I've been prepping all day for a dinner party I have booked for tonight. Here's the menu:

Mini Charcuterie Plate: 
warm mozzarella, tartufo salumi, EVOO and crusty baguette
*
Creamy Mushroom Pecorino Risotto
*
Pan Seared Mahi Mahi, Farmers market Succotash, Purple Cauliflower Puree
*
Herb Crusted Lamb Chops, Eggplant Capponata, Whipped Feta
*
Dark Chocolate and Orange Bignets


Sounds fabulous right?! I think so...although I am biased because I am the chef. The dinner isn't until 8:30pm so I have all day to prep and enjoy this lovely fall heat wave I have brewing in the house. Matt is coming with me tonight to be my sous chef and server, which will make it a lot of fun. I am so glad he enjoys doing things like that with me because it means we don't have to spend our Saturday night apart. Hope it goes well! We could use the money.

XOXO
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment