Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

23 Weeks

This week has been a lot going on. It started at the end of last week when I took my Glucose Tolerance Test. This is the test that determines a lot in the next few months of pregnancy. Basically it is a blood test that you take after drinking a syrupy sweet drink and waiting an hour. The blood test after you drink the drink and wait an hour determines how well your blood is filtering sugars to your babies placenta. If your test comes back positive (with levels over 135) you have to then go and do a follow up test that takes 3 hours long! More than being just a pain in the ass, if your first and second test come back positive you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes and are put on a restricted, low-sugar diet and have to regularly monitor your blood sugar with finger pricks. Not my idea of making the last trimester of this pregnancy any more fun!

So, I took the first test on Friday and have been anxiously awaiting results since then. They told me that they would be ready by Monday and yet, I haven't heard a peep from my doctor. I even tried calling but I felt silly leaving a message for such a routine thing. I figure, no news is probably good news.

On another note, my sister and her hubby are back in town this week and brought baby Brooke down for another visit. She is 11 weeks now and looks like a little person. It's crazy how fast they grow! I can't wait for her to meet her new baby cousin and for there to be two crying poop machines at my parents house lol.

These last few weeks Matt and I have been toying with names for our upcoming addition and without letting on to too many people, we have narrowed it down to just a couple combinations of first and middle names. We don't plan on telling anyone the name until we've fully committed to one, but we are also toying with the idea of not telling anyone the final name until she is born. In the mean time Matt's dad and step-mom have been calling her BGP for Baby Girl Pontius, and my family picked up on a silly name Matt made up: Birch Canoe. So...baby girl Pontius, or Birch Canoe will have to do until we are ready to announce a name, which could be within days, or at the hospital.


How Far Along: 23 weeks, 4 days
How Long To Go: 16 weeks, 3 days
Weight Gain: 1.8lbs
Total Weight Gain: 3.8lbs
Weight: 123.8lbs
Belly Button: holding on for dear life
Stretch Marks: none
Sleep: getting better sleep now that i am adjusting to sleeping on my sides
Best Moment This Week: cooking a fancy meal for my sisters 30th birthday. It was fun for me to get to do what I do professionally for my family. I don't think they quite understood what I do until now and they were all very appreciative and complimentary. It gave me warm fuzzies.
Nausea: none
Craving: not really, i just miss my deli from back home in NY
Miss Anything: bagels and lox from Bagels&More in Hartsdale, NY
Movement: she is super active but has been gun shy when I've tried to get my mom or sister to feel her
Gender: girl
Symptoms: My emotions have leveled back out thankfully so I don't feel like an emotional basket case. Haven't noticed any new symptoms except yesterday when I had a near panic attack out of hungry. It hit me out of no where and all of a sudden I was driving and got really sweaty and shaky because I was so hungry. I had already stopped and gotten Matt and I some Pho for dinner but I couldn't make it home! I had to stop and get a grilled chicken wrap from the chick-fil-a drive through and I mauled it like a starving trucker on the road as I drove home.
Wedding Ring: still on
Looking Forward To: getting my glucose tolerance test results (and finding out they were negative)
Maternity Clothes: Had to make a larger scale maternity purchase this week. Thankfully I got an incredible deal at Pinkblushmaternity.com and got several staple pieces for around $150. Maternity clothes are EXPENSIVE and they've got you by the balls because there comes a point where you just HAVE to buy them. It's genius really. I also bought a dress from ASOS.com which has a great maternity line at an affordable price because I have to go to a wedding in August and can't fit in any of my formal attire anymore. Nothing has arrived yet so I'll keep you posted.
Fruit: Papaya (1.4lb, 8 inches) - same general size as last week according to the What to Expect App
Weird Dreams This Week: I had a very sexual dream about Kiefer Sutherland the other night. We made passionate, movie-style sex and then were smoking cigarettes in bed and talking about how Freddie Prince Jr was trashing him on the radio. Kiefer was not pleased about Freddie's remarks. (BTW...I do not find Kiefer Sutherland attractive, he's kinda old and sooo not my type. I would've much preferred a sex dream with Freddie Prince Jr. lol)

XOXO
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment