Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 18: Movement

This week marks a huge milestone in my pregnancy...I finally felt my little one move. Well, technically this happened while I was still at 17 weeks but since I hit 18 weeks I've been feeling her wiggle and kick every day. Mostly she does most of her moving at night when I'm laying down, or that is at least when I am paying the most attention and can feel her.

An even bigger deal is that Matt felt her for the first time on Sunday night. She was really active and I was enjoying feeling her little flutters and movements so I decided to see if Matt could feel anything, after all, I shouldn't get to have all the fun! After a few minutes of waiting he felt two big distinct kicks. He was so cute, he was smiling and so excited to finally be able to feel our little person inside of me.

It is really hard to describe what it feels like. It was weird for sure, the feeling of something moving around inside you is somewhat alien-like, but at the same time it was the coolest most incredible feeling I've ever felt. Up until now, it was hard to even believe that I was actually pregnant. You feel so detached to the process, like your body is going full steam ahead with this process without you even participating. Now that I can feel her I am extremely aware of the fact that there is a tiny person in my growing bump.

Speaking of bumps, it has been brought to my attention that I need to start documenting my growing form as I plump up and round out. So here are the first bump watch photos, and I will try to do them every week.


15 weeks
 15 weeks
 18 weeks
 18 weeks
XOXO
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment