Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

24 Weeks

This week has been an emotional roller coaster. My hormones are definitely raging, as I have entered a very weepy stage of pregnancy. I have cried three times this week, one of those times I would categorize as hysterical. I freaked out about bills, work, money, and how we are going to be responsible for this tiny new person we're creating together. The crazy part is that work is fine, I'm busy and have recently taken on some new clients and I have a big event booked for the beginning of August...so really, I'm just a nut. I think the knowledge that I am shutting up shop soon has gotten me on edge and I'm worried about juggling being a full-time mom with a full-time entrepreneur.

In actual fact, minus the cry-fests, we actually have a LOT to be excited about in the near future. We are going to Aspen in two weeks for a family members wedding and we are stoked, afew weeks after that is my baby shower and we've almost finished two huge DIY home projects (the nursery, and the kitchen/dining room). I plan on posting about both projects once they're completed because we are really proud of how they're coming along.

Anyway, I'm chalking up my weepy week to hormones and hoping to get a grip in the coming weeks.




How Far Along: 24 weeks, 6 days
How Long To Go: 15 weeks, 1 days
Weight Gain: .4lbs
Total Weight Gain: 4.2lbs
Weight: 124.2lbs
Belly Button: holding on for dear life
Stretch Marks: none
Sleep: tired all the time but hard to get to sleep
Best Moment This Week: Picking our daughters full name. Going out to dinner with my sister and brother-in-law. starting a huge makeover of our kitchen/dining room. Finding out my Glucose Tolerance Test came back negative and I need no further testing for gestational diabetes
Nausea: none
Craving: nothing this week
Miss Anything: wine :-/. With my raging hormones I miss my usual crutch - some lovely wine.
Movement: She is so active that it is starting to keep me from getting comfortable
Gender: girl
Symptoms: emotional, tired, back pain
Wedding Ring: still on
Looking Forward To: Finishing our projects
Maternity Clothes: Loving the pieces I got this week from ASOS and Pinkblush Maternity. The dress from ASOS is a powder blue bodycon dress that I am going to rock the hell out of at this upcoming wedding. The pieces from Pinkblush Maternity fit well, although some of the maxi dresses were too long. I am actually wearing one of the Pinkblush dresses in my picture this week.
Fruit: Ear of Corn (1.5lb, 8.5 inches)
Weird Dreams This Week: I don't remember any particularly interesting dreams from this past week...I'll pay more attention next week


XOXO
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment