Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

26 Weeks

This week was a little rough, physically. The closer to the third trimester I get, the more I am starting to feel the affects of my growing body. My back and pelvic pain is at an all-time high. I went to the gym the past two days and after I got home yesterday the pain that was radiating down my legs was almost unbearable. Along with back pain, I have now developed acid reflux. I have never had acid reflux before so it is particularly unpleasant, especially because I love tomatoes and spicy food. Another lovely symptom that has developed this week is trouble sleeping. My enlarged belly is making getting comfortable extremely difficult at night time, and it also happens to be my daughters favorite time to kick me.

Although it sounds like I am doing a lot of complaining here, I am actually really enjoying being pregnant still. I feel so blessed to have this little girl inside of me and I can't believe I am almost in the third trimester! Things are getting into gear for both of our upcoming baby showers and I am planning out my last two months of work. All of a sudden it feels as if we have very little time to get our ducks in a row before our little one arrives. We have also reached the point where we will now be seeing the doctor every two weeks.

We went to the doctor yesterday and she gave me some good tips for my back pain (heating pad, muscle relaxer if necessary, taking it easy with the exercise) and gave me a thumbs up as far as baby's heart rate and growth. She said I was measuring at 25.5 which means baby girl is on the small-ish side, which I don't mind. She is definitely getting bigger and I wouldn't mind a 6lb baby on delivery day lol. My weight gain is starting to become steadier and I have definitely gained the most weight this past month (about 5 pounds). The only concern from the doctor was that I am on the verge of having too low of an iron level, so she just asked me to be mindful of eating high iron foods to keep my levels up.

We leave for a wedding in Aspen on Thursday so today I am cooking the remainder of my delivery meals and hopefully will have time to get primped before we go. I can't wait to show off my bump to my in-laws who haven't seen me since pre-pregnancy. They are so excited for this baby that I'm sure I will be closely monitored this weekend...I anticipate being offered lots of food and being asked if I need to rest constantly. Hopefully my back pain will be manageable enough for me to dance at this over-the-top wedding!


grimacing in back pain

How Far Along: 26 weeks, 3 days
How Long To Go: 13 weeks, 4 days
Weight Gain: 0lbs
Total Weight Gain: 7.2lbs
Weight: 127lbs
Belly Button: flat!
Stretch Marks: none
Sleep: Really tired all day and then a lot of trouble sleeping
Best Moment This Week: Having a couple of at-home date nights with my hubby, including a movie marathon
Nausea: none
Craving: sweets...went and got TCBY the other night and it really hit the spot. Still trying to beat the craving with fruit.
Miss Anything: Sleeping on my stomach
Movement: Lots of kicks and movements
Gender: bouncing baby girl
Symptoms: Acid reflux, back pain, pelvic pain, leg pain, general body discomfort...and i'm supposed to get bigger???
Wedding Ring: still on
Looking Forward To: Going to Aspen on Thursday!!! I need a vacation!
Maternity Clothes: purchased a pair of maternity jeans and can't wait to rock them out in Colorado
Fruit: Butternut squash (2lb, 9.2 inches)
Weird Dreams This Week: Had a dream this week that when the baby was kicking, her little arm and leg protruded from my belly skin and looked kind of like barbie limbs were sticking out of me...I had to push them back in. Also part of the same dream, I was in preterm labor.

XOXO
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment