Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

November Realizations

My husband is out of the house which means I can actually sit down and write something. It has been a while since I last posted and that is all for a good reason. Business has been picking up a lot with the upcoming holdiay season and I have had very few days off, let alone enough time to sit and write without my husband or dogs taking my attention. On top of business and household duties I have just gotten over a bug that had me feeling pretty horrible the last few days.

Anyway, Matt and I just finished my ovulation period for this month. A lot has been talked about in the past month and you will be surprised to find out that we have decided to put trying to get pregnant on hold for the season. There are a few reasons for this but the big one is that my sister has announced that she is pregnant and due in May. My sister being pregnant has the whole family excited, probably most of all me and my mother who are both planning her shower for March.

My sister being pregnant by no means that Matt and I aren't still interested in starting our own family but it does mean that if we do get pregnant this month I would be (hypothetically) six months pregnant when she gives birth which would make it difficult and stressful for both of us to be there for each other since she lives in New Jersey and I live in Charleston.

That being said, that is not the only reason we have decided to wait until the spring to try again. Another big reason is the holiday season. We have so much planned for the next six months: thanksgiving, Christmas in Florida, skiing in Vermont in February, then my sisters baby shower in March, our anniversary in April, and the birth of my neice or nephew in May. Phew! It sounds like a lot and, it is. Not to mention my husband really wants to take another overseas trip after my new neice or nephew is born.

So we rolled the dice with this month. Either I am pregnant right now and I don't know it yet....OR we have a really exciting six months ahead of us and I will be able to skii and drink and be merry as a married woman, not yet a mommy.

I honestly feel really okay with this decision. After stressing last month about getting pregnant and finding out that my sister is expecting I feel like I have been able to take a breath and finally look at things without the whole baby crazy brain thing. I can't explain where this attitude came from but as much as I want to get pregnant, I wouldn't mind just being there for my sister as the non-pregnant sibling as well as avoid being huge in the hot and heavy summer months here.

But again, we weren't preventing anything this month and so I  guess we'll find out in two weeks or so whether this entire post is mute because I'm already knocked up lol. Fingers crossed either way, but it's nice to know that the pressure is off.

XOXO 
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment