Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Go Time!!

Baby girl is 8 months old this week and life is starting to go at light speed! She has cut her first tooth, is starting to crawl and is definitely going through a growth spurt. Sleep has nearly ceased with Lyla now waking every 2 hours at night and needing the boob to get back to sleep. It is reminding Matt and I how difficult life was when she was a newborn.

We came home yesterday from a family vacation at Emerald Isle, NC. A family tradition on Matt's mothers' side that has happened every two years for over twenty years now. Lyla was the first baby cousin and it was great that she got to meet everyone. It was hard for Matt and I though, we had to miss dinners and didn't spend much time at the beach with everyone. That, along with getting no sleep and sharing a condo with Matt's family made everything just a little less comfortable than we would have hoped. We have a few upcoming events out of town and we are now a little more apprehensive about heading out of town so easily. Lyla hated the car, and screamed almost the whole way (6 hours), AND she wouldn't let us sleep in the same room with her so we bunked on the couch. I must say our little angel is pretty opinionated.


CONTINUED...(two days later)

Now that we're home Lyla is trying so hard to crawl all over the place and stand up on everything. She is thankfully back to sleeping through the night and is even taking longer naps during the day, which is really messing with my schedule lol. Usually I can't get much done because she naps for an hour or less and now she's crushing 2 hour naps and leaving me wondering what to do with my time. A problem I am very happy to have.

So that's just a little update on our day to day life here. I am hoping some of these long naps will let me write a post that isn't just a hurried update on life. I've actually been thinking a lot about my life lately and how incredibly lucky I am to have this extraordinary life with Matt and our daughter. Sometimes I think that the other shoe has to drop soon because we are so blissfully happy that it can't stay this way. Don't get me wrong, it is hard being a parent and being a stay-at-home mom is definitely different than I imagined but, it works for our family and I love having this time to bond with Lyla. I am completely obsessed with her little face.


XOXO
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment