Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

38 Weeks: False Labor

This week has been crazy, crazy, crazy. On Monday we went to the doctor for an appointment and I got my membranes sweeped. This is a procedure that helps "ripen" the cervix for labor. Pretty much it can help jump start labor or at least it can help move your cervix along so you go into labor naturally on your own. The doctor checked my cervix and then while she was all up in there, she stuck her fingers through my cervix and separated the amniotic sack from the uterus. Well needless to say, this got things going. It was mildly painful, more uncomfortable than anything but it only lasted a few seconds.

Later in the day I felt very crampy and around 7pm that ended up turning into real contractions. At first they were erratic and I wasn't really sure if they were contractions or what was going on. They felt different than anything I have ever experienced. They continued to get more steady and more and more obvious. They came on like waves, my blood pressure would rise and then i could feel them building in my back/butt and wrapping around my lower abdomen. Once they got to be 5-7 minutes apart for 40-60secs each we called the doctor. We sat at home with me having contractions for a long time. I was certain I was in labor, but alas, I was wrong. Around 2am they trickled out and I went to bed. Since then I have been feeling random contractions very far apart and some mild cramps. Searching the internet has told me this is completely normal after a membrane sweep and I could potentially feel this way for the rest of the time I'm pregnant.

How Far Along: 38 weeks, 4 days
How Long To Go: 1 weeks, 3 days
Weight Gain: .8lbs
Total Weight Gain: 21lbs
Weight: 141lbs
Belly Button: Total outie
Stretch Marks: none
Sleep: Finally started using one of those pregnancy pillows (Matt calls it my candy cane) and I don't know why I waited so long
Best Moment This Week: Hanging with Nicole and Mason!! Dinner at a favorite restaurant with our friends Allison and Morgan Hurley and a girls lunch earlier in the week
Nausea: A little bit randomly
Craving: Sleep
Miss Anything: Don't even remember what its like not being pregnant. I miss that.
Movement: A little decreased movement, but still an active baby.
Gender: bouncing baby girl
Symptoms: False labor contractions!!!
Wedding Ring: Off for the most part
Looking Forward To: Having this freakin baby!!!
Maternity Clothes: Lucky if I put on clothes at this point
Fruit: Swiss Chard (6.5lb, 19-22 inches)
Weird Dreams This Week: Don't remember


XOXO
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment