Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Brooke Talia Shiner

On May 15th, 2014 at 6:45pm, weighing in at 8lbs 10oz and 21" long my niece was born.

Brooke Talia Shiner



A week after she came into the world I flew up to Hoboken, NJ to meet my new niece and spend time with my exhausted sister. I spent four days there holding her, watching her eat and sleep and was just in awe of this tiny person. I also got some great practice with changing diapers. Before Brooke I had never really spent any time around a newborn and all of a sudden I became very aware of how much preparing I would have to do before my own little one arrives.

Thankfully my mom is a baby whisperer and not only raised three of her own children but as a doctor and a nurse has delivered and cared for hundreds of newborns in her lifetime. She was in the room for my niece's birth and is already vying for position in the delivery room when my time comes.It will be nice to have a helping and knowledgeable hand around when our time comes and I know my parents will be thrilled to have a grandchild so close by.

Holding Brooke and watching her in her first few weeks of life definitely gave me a better understanding of the demands of a new baby and I am certain that Matt and I will be able to handle it, with a little help of course. Thankfully my sister Sarah and Brooke will be visiting us in the next few weeks down here in South Carolina so I can get some more practice with changing diapers and soothing a screaming baby.

XOXO
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment