Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

We're Having a Baby!

For the past few months it has been extremely difficult to blog. I could blame it on time management or being busy/lazy, but in reality I was holding back some big news and I couldn't spill the beans just yet...

Drum roll please........... WE'RE PREGNANT!!

Yep, all of our stuff works and we made a tiny little person that I am now growing inside me. I am almost 15 weeks which means we are out of the first trimester blues and into the "fun" stage of being pregnant. We've told out respective friends and family so everyone close to us knows already, and everyone is really excited.

We are due November 22nd, which means Thanksgiving this year is pretty much off the table as I may have just given birth, be about to pop or may actually be in labor! Either way, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and now it will be the same week (give or take the date) as my first child's' birthday. So now we get turkey AND cake!

I do have to address a previous post I wrote, pre-pregnancy and admit to what an enormous hypocrite I  am. A while back I wrote a post about fear and privacy, explaining how women only keep their pregnancies to themselves for fear of miscarriage. Although that is absolutely true I an now admit that I had no idea what I was talking about. I was completely unprepared for the fear that comes along with conceiving. From the day we found out until right around now, I almost didn't believe that this was all really happening and that something bad could still happen and I could lose the pregnancy. Now that I am in the second trimester, which is pretty much "out-of-the-woods" as far as the likelihood of miscarriage, I have begun to realize how much I enjoy keeping this whole experience quiet.

I still plan on blogging about my experiences. I've already gotten through the first trimester so there is plenty to talk about already, but I don't have the urge to share this news with the world. Facebook especially has become so public and stalker-esque that I don't really feel a need for my 2,000 "friends" to watch my belly growing from week to week. I will post those sorts of things here, because this is an outlet, but probably not facebook.

In the upcoming weeks I can't wait to share my experiences, frustrations and joys that come with being pregnant for the first time. I have really enjoyed reading other womens' blogs about the subject and hope to shed some light on my journey and the journey my husband and I are taking together. We are so blessed to be expecting a child and I am already greatly aware that it is a privileged denied to many. We are so excited to see what our future has in store.

XOXO
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment